“Jolly Olde England” menu
Welcome to a taste of Jolly Olde England – at least the taste that I grew up with! England has come a long way though as it now has wide & varied cuisines (suffering no longer under the image of grey well-done meat)! England now has an enviable culinary reputation. Enjoy this healthy (and to some, delicious) taste of England…straight from my childhood days of plenty.
“Jolly Olde England” main course demo
‘One take’ Cooking Videos so forgive any faux pas & yes I know that I talk too much at times!
PS: If you’re enjoying the ‘Menu Mood Music’, please remember to pause or mute it before watching this Main Course Demo—unless you’re really into multi-tasking!
“Jolly Olde England” recipes
“Jolly Olde England” playlist
Some music to get you in the mood!
(Click printer icon to print this shopping list)
“Jolly Olde England” menu shopping list
BEGIN: Liver ‘n Onions.
- 2 pounds sliced beef liver
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 8 slices bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 large Vidalia onions, thinly sliced into rings
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon beef broth
FOLLOW: Buttery Mashed Potatoes.
- 8 lb Yukon gold potatoes – can substitute with russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 4 bay leaves
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (or less if you prefer)
- 2 cups half and half or full 35% cream (or milk of you prefer)
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
FOLLOW: Mushy Minted Peas
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes and softened
- 4 handfuls fresh-podded peas (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- 1 ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
FINISH: Cardamom Rice Pudding
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 8 cups milk (more may be needed, so have some spare milk in your fridge)
- 2/3 cup sugar, raw if you have it
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped